PLEASE READ: charcuterie board & reclaimed wood whale inventory is low after the holiday season. Only in-stock items are available to purchase.
We are moving in the month of January and taking the month off from production. Charcuterie boards and reclaimed wood whales will be available again in early February.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or are looking for anything in particular and we can create a pre-order for you.
Kara & Jimmy
The Salty Whale Charcuterie Board is hand-crafted from top-grade hardwood. Unlike our Original Salty Whales, it is made from new, non-reclaimed hardwood and is food safe.
Many of the Boards have unique coloring and are all natural - we use no stains or or chemicals to treat the wood.
Check out our organic beeswax board butter to keep your board in top shape. Use code 'BOARDBUTTER' at checkout for 50% off with the purchase of a charcuterie board. Click here to see more information.
- Size is approximately 14" tall and 7.5" wide (including the tail). Individual board dimensions can vary slightly.
- Hand-cut, hand-sanded and hand-sealed
- Sealed and polished with organic beeswax and organic mineral oil
- Four non-slip rubber feet attached to the bottom to keep it in place
Cherry: Light reddish-brown color with strong grain patterns
- Mahogany: Deep, rich brown color strong grain patterns. Often has iridescent grains.
- Maple: Lighter in color with clean, consistent grains. Classic choice for cutting boards.
- African Padouk: Deep orange/red coloring. Extremely hard wood - perfect for cutting boards.
- Purple Heart: Deep maroon/purple coloring. Also an extremely hard and heavy wood, perfect for cutting boards.
- Ambrosia Maple: Lighter in color with unique dark grain patterns throughout to add character. Grain patterns can vary significantly in color and depth
- Black Walnut: deep chocolate brown color with lighter grain patterns
- Jatoba: also known as Brazilian cherry due to its similar coloring to Cherry, this is an extremely hard and heavy wood, perfect for cutting boards.
Follow the below care recommendations to keep your cutting board in great shape:
- Hand-wash only. Never submerge in water, put in dishwasher or put in microwave.
- Disinfect & deodorize by spraying or wiping with vinegar.
- Remove stains & deodorize by rubbing with a baking soda and water mixture.
- Cut lightly to avoid deep cuts in the wood.
- Apply the cutting board conditioner (beeswax and mineral oil) periodically. Using a cloth, rub on the full board and let sit for 10 minutes, then with a clean cotton cloth, buff in a circular motion until the finish is smooth.
Please note that the photos shown on the web page are example photos. You will not receive the exact product shown, but one similar to it. Due to the nature of the antique reclaimed wood that we utilize, no piece will be identical and each will have its own character and imperfections.
California Residents: See Proposition 65 Information